You can make a difference
As a parent you have a unique insight into what girls need to grow and thrive – both now and in the future. You have all sorts of skills to contribute – from your experiences as a parent, at work, or from any hobbies or interests you have.
Volunteer with us
There are so many ways you can get involved as a volunteer. Whether you want to help out once a week, once a year or by sharing a skill, you can have a huge impact.
- Help out on a parent rota – by offering a helping hand at a few meetings per year, you can support your daughters’ leaders and experience the fun of guiding.
- Help with administration – you could get involved with anything from planning events and camps to managing finances and helping with fundraising.
- Share a specific skill – whatever you’re great at from football coaching to yoga teaching, graphic design to engineering – you could run sessions with local groups and help inspire girls to try something new.
- Become an occasional helper – you’ll assist in running groups on an ad-hoc basis. You will be supported by other volunteers to assist in delivering activities, trips and adventures for girls.
- Become a Leader – if you’d like to support a group more regularly there are lots of opportunities to get involved. Working alongside other volunteers, you’ll be supported with learning and development opportunities and will make a huge difference in your local community.
To find out more, talk to your daughter’s leader or register your interest with us.
Looking for different ways to show your support? As a parent, there are a whole range of opportunities for you to have fun, get involved and make a difference.
- Challenge yourself – whether you want to go on an international adventure or get fit, taking part in a charity challenge for Girlguiding is an exciting way to fundraise and support our work with girls and young women.
- Talk to your employer about Employer Supported Volunteering – many companies will have schemes in place to encourage volunteering locally.
- Have your own guiding adventure and visit one of our Activity Centres – our national centres offer family breaks full of excitement, adventure and the great outdoors – while supporting our charity!